I'll readily admit that quite a lot of things 'come easily' to me and growing up, that wasn't necessarily a positive thing. Because I could do well at most things without having to work too hard for it, I quickly gave up when things weren't easy right away.
I think university was the first time I shaped up and realized what I could accomplish if I really applied myself (and it definitely showed in my grades). There's always that lingering fear that if you actually try, you'll fail. Inaction/avoidance is definitely the path of least resistance.
I'm naturally pretty small and was mocked for being weak so I had largely just accepted this was my lot in life. I was unhappy with this, however, so I finally decided to get uncomfortable and work for what I wanted. It's incredibly empowering to not only realize you have control over the appearance but also the strength and abilities of your physical body. Although the physical changes are great, proving that you can accomplish what you set your mind to is by far the most rewarding part.
Ouuufff some deep thoughts for a butt selfie, Katie. Get after it 💪🏻
No comments:
Post a Comment